Personal data we collect
Personal data is any information which identifies you personally whether directly (for example, your name) or indirectly (for example, information about your use of our website, products and services).
- Basic contact details: We ask you to provide us with your name, title, postal address, email address and telephone number if you purchase any products on www.sportssimply.com . We may also collect some or all of these contact details if you create an account on our website, or send us feedback, or contact or correspond with us;
- Payment and address details: We ask you to provide us with your shipping and billing address if you purchase any products on our website. We also ask you to provide your payment card details – this information is processed by our third party payments service provider and not retained by us;
- Purchase details: We keep a record of your purchase history (including the date, time and value of each purchase);
- Account login details: If you decide to create an account on www.sportssimply.com , we keep a record of your account login details (such as your username) in case you need reminding of these in the future;
- Information you provide through correspondence and feedback: We collect any additional personal data that you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter, telephone conversation or through our website. Also we collect any additional personal data that you provide to us by sending your feedback.
- Information about how you use our website and services: Every time you visit www.sportssimply.com , where you have consented to cookies, we or our service providers automatically collect technical information about the device you have used to access our website (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers) and information about your user preferences and browsing habits (such as items or links clicked on, web pages viewed, any web page download errors, products you have added to your shopping basket or wish list and other customized features). In addition, if you receive emails from us, we or our service providers may automatically collect technical information about how you have interacted with those emails, including whether you have opened them or clicked through any links within them. If you wish to disable cookies, you can always change the settings of your browser.
Use of your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To process your orders and returns
We use your personal data to process any orders and returns you make in accordance with our terms and conditions.
To manage and administer your account
If you create an account with www.sportssimply.com , we use your personal data to identify you as a new or returning customer, and to manage and administer your account. This includes keeping a record of your account login details (such as your username) in case you need reminding of these in the future.
To communicate with you about your orders and the services we provide to you
Our marketing communications
If you have provided your consent, we will use your contact details to send you marketing communications by email, SMS text message, post and telephone about our products and promotions that we think may be interesting to you.
You can unsubscribe or opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by communicating to us using the contact details set out in the section “Contact Us”
If you receive emails from us, we or our marketing service provider automatically collects technical information about how you have interacted with those emails, including whether you have opened them or clicked through any links provided. This helps us to understand how what types of emails and content can be useful for the customers so we can improve our email campaigns to make them more relevant to you.
We also use the information we collect based on your use of our website and services to:
- manage and administer our website and for internal operations, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and statistical purposes;
- improve the products and services we offer to ensure that you get the best from our website by making it as easy and effective as possible for you to use;
- to safeguard the security and effective operation of our website;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of www.sportssimply.com about products or services
- measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, and deliver relevant advertising to you
- to improve the customer support we provide to you
- to help us respond to any inquiries or complaints you have made, or address any dispute which may arise in the process of us providing our products and services to you
- to maintain and administer our internal records to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up to date and accurate
- to aggregate the data we hold about you on an anonymous basis with other data for analytical and reporting purposes
- to comply with our legal obligations and to detect, prevent and investigate other actual or suspected violations of law or misuse of our website
Legal grounds for using personal data
Applicable data protection law requires us to only process your personal data if we satisfy one or more legal grounds. These are set out in law and we rely on a number of different grounds for the processing we carry out, depending on the purposes of the processing. These are as follows:
Necessary for the performance of a contract and to comply with our legal obligations
Much of the personal data we collect about you is necessary for the performance of certain contracts between you and www.sportssimply.com . This includes most of the information you provide to us when completing transactions with us or creating an account on www.sportssimply.com in order that we can comply with our Terms and Conditions for the use of our website and for the sale of our products.
In certain circumstances, we also use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, prevent and investigate fraud or to facilitate the exercise of your consumer rights.
If we think there is a risk that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms may be affected we will not process your personal data unless there is another legal ground for us to do so (either that we have obtained your consent to the processing or it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you or to comply with our legal obligations).
Who we disclose your personal data to
From time to time there can be a need to disclose your personal data to third parties in order to provide you with our services and ensure the effective operation of www.sportssimply.com . The providers of such services are granted access to certain personal data to the extent necessary for them to perform the services that we request. Any personal data that is processed by third parties must be processed in accordance with applicable data protection law and subject to contractual obligations, including regarding security and confidentiality.
We may also disclose your personal data if we buy or sell any businesses or assets, to the buyer or seller (or prospective buyer or seller) and/or their advisers and if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others. This includes, in specific cases, sharing information with law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or actual or suspected violation of law, misuse of our website or breach of contract that may expose us and/or any customer or third party to legal risks or liability.
How long personal data is kept
We store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected. Period will vary between different types of data. When determining the relevant retention periods, we consider factors including:
obligations under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law;
- the warranty period for any products you have purchased from us;
- potential or actual disputes;
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely delete your personal data from our system when it is no longer required.